Our design team has been exploring ways to improve the way we communicate event rewards, and how it feels to complete higher-level Goals in the progression in particular.
To accomplish this, we want to come at it from a few different angles, some of which will be seen in the next heroes event for select kingdoms.
- Rewards spread across all Goals vs larger payouts at certain milestones
- Presenting all reward Goals as chest icons vs highlighting the main reward icon
- Should points needed to complete each Goal progressively increase vs something like flat progression
The Goal is not to significantly alter the rewards themselves, but to find the best way to present them. We want it to be simpler to understand what you’re working towards and it to feel good to achieve that.
As always, we’d like the community to weigh in on what works best for you before making permanent changes. Read the information below, play the event on the 17th, and let us know what you think over on our discord #events channel!
Version A – The Usual
This will be the control group, so you can expect our usual Heroes of the Great Game event reward distribution and point progression.
Version B – Consolidated Rewards
Points to complete each event Goal are unchanged, however, reward distribution is adjusted for higher level Goals.
- All Goals from 16-25 will reward Food, Wood, Stone and Iron
- Goals 16, 18, 21, 23 reward Pawn Shards and Oaths
- Goals 17, 19, 22, 24 reward Hero Relics and Hero XP
- Goals 20 and 25 reward Gold and Noble Seals
Version C – Consolidated Rewards and Points
This version will have the new reward consolidation as Version B, plus a flat point progression for goals 16-25.
This means it will require the same number of points between each Goal, rather than increasing as you get farther in the event.