The honorable path is never easy, and once again, Jon Snow finds his fealties tested. He has promised his love and loyalty to Queen Daenerys and harbors no desire to rule, and yet the truth of his own lineage threatens to unravel all… if the Night King to the north and Cersei to the south don’t destroy all he holds dear first.
In May, the Jon Snow event concludes in Game of Thrones: Conquest with Part III: The Lost Dragon! This is the final part of our multi-month event arc, where we’ve been revisiting Jon Snow’s comparatively humble beginnings all the way to his exile beyond the Wall. While doing so, players have the opportunity to earn exclusive rewards that can only available for a limited time.
Here are the new rewards and content you can expect for May:
- Continuation and finale of Jon Snow’s story
- Exclusive Reward: Slate Quarry Boost-Unlocked Resource Plot
- New Gear Set: Lost Targaryen
- Two New Heroes: Brynden Tully & Podrick Payne
- New Hero Relic Recipes during Festivals
Exclusive Reward: Slate Quarry Boost-Unlocked Resource Plot
In addition to the Ghost: Loyal Companion hero card and Longclaw March Pawn still being available to earn, this month introduces the Slate Quarry as an exclusive reward!
The Slate Quarry is a Boost-Unlocked Resource Plot which will generate Slate for you over time, helping you complete your future building enhancement projects! You can earn the boost by participating in Jon Snow events during the month of May and achieving the 15th goal milestone of the main quest line. The boost will last for 7 days and will allow you to construct and upgrade Slate Quarries on empty farm plots within your city.
Need to know more about Boost-Unlocked Resource Plots? Check out our guide here!
New Gear Set: Lost Targaryen
For May, we are introducing a very unique gear set into Game of Thrones: Conquest. Jon Snow went through many phases throughout the show, but what if we took it a step further and created an alternate version of Jon that’s never been seen before? We spoke with the artist who visually conceptualized the Lost Targaryen gear set and had her explain it a bit further:
For this gear set, we wanted to make something meaningful to go along with the conclusion of the three-month Jon Snow arc. Narratively, this arc focused on Jon’s different allegiances and identities throughout the series, and the gear set ties together the ideas of ice and fire, wolf and dragon. This set explores a ‘what if’ concept of how it might look had Jon embraced his Targaryen lineage and taken the Iron Throne. At the same time, the addition of the dagger and melted throne allude to the actual finale of the show.
Gameplay-wise, the Lost Targaryen gear set marks the beginning of Gear Season 9 which introduces a 9th stat slot for Level 40 gear pieces. Here are some of its notable buffs with its Infantry Combat focus:
- +Infantry Health/Defense/Attack
- +Infantry Health/Defense/Attack Vs. Players
- +Infantry Health/Defense/Attack Vs. Players Seats of Power
- +Infantry Health/Defense/Attack Vs. Players Cavalry
- +Marcher Infantry Health/Defense/Attack Vs. Players
- +Marching Speed Vs. Seats of Power
- +Max March Size
New Heroes: Brynden Tully & Podrick Payne
Two new heroes will be joining the ever-growing Game of Thrones: Conquest hero roster on May 15th! When the Heroes of the Great Game event goes live on that day, Brynden Tully (The Blackfish) and Podrick Payne (Steadfast Swordsman) will be available to be summoned at the Tower of the Hand, located within the walls of your city. Let’s take a look at their skills and focuses:
Brynden Tully (The Blackfish) is a Defensive Ranged hero whose Signature Skill is activated when he’s seated as the Lord Commander on the Small Council. He’s a great choice for when you’re engaging in PvP or rallying against Seats of Power as most of his stats are focused in those areas. Be sure to fully rank him up to benefit from his additional Ranged Attack, Reinforcement Capacity, and Ranged Defense!
Here’s a full overview of his skills:
- Signature Skill 1 | March | Max March Size
- Signature Skill 2 | Council | Ranged Defense Vs. Players Seats of Power
- Skill 1 | March | Infantry Defense Vs. Players
- Skill 2 | Council | Ranged Attack Vs. Players
- Skill 3 | March | Marcher Infantry Attack Vs. Players Seats of Power
- Skill 4 | Council | Reinforcement Capacity Vs. Seats of Power
- Skill 5 | Council | Ranged Defense
Podrick Payne (Steadfast Swordsman) is our featured Mythic hero this month who focuses on Infantry Attack skills! When seated as the Hand on your Small Council, he’ll activate his Signature Skill Infantry Attack Vs. Players and gain additional Infantry Attack against other player’s Cavalry, double-downing on Infantry’s natural strength against Cavalry troops. As a bonus, his kit includes a buff to Troop Load, allowing your Troops to bring back extra resources home after each victory!
Here are all of his skills laid out:
- Signature Skill 1 | March | Max March Size
- Signature Skill 2 | Council | Infantry Attack Vs. Players
- Skill 1 | Council | Troop Load
- Skill 2 | March | Infantry Defense Vs. Players Cavalry
- Skill 3 | March | Marcher Infantry Attack Vs. Players
- Skill 4 | Council | Infantry Attack Vs. Players Cavalry
- Skill 5 | March | Infantry Attack
- Skill 6 | Council | Defender Defense
Festival of the Mother: New Hero Relic Recipes!
On May 11th, Festival of the Mother returns with brand new Hero Relic recipes! You can expect to see additional recipes in future festival events as well.
For the duration of 7 days, you can earn Gifts and Favors by completing Daily Quests. Then, send Favors to earn Points for you and your Allegiance, and trade Favors for time-limited Recipes.
Here are the recipes available this month with new recipes highlighted in Orange:
- Eddison Tollett – Nights Watch Recruit
- Hodor – Gentle Giant
- Benjen Stark – First Ranger
- Gendry – Apprentice Blacksmith
- Eddard Stark – Young Warrior
- Margaery Tyrell – King’s Betrothed
- Missandei – Herald of the Dragon
- Arya Stark – Water Dancer
- Rhaegar Targaryen – Last Dragon
- Benjen Stark – Cold Hands
- Old Nan – Weaver of Tales
- Anguy – The Archer
- Maester Luwin – Loyal Servant
- Roose Bolton – Lord of the Dreadfort
Stay on top of our schedule so that you can catch the full conclusion of the Jon Snow story arc as he is conflicted with his loyalty to Daenerys and the truth of his own lineage.
Here’s are all of the events happening in May:
Jon Snow Part III: The Lost Dragon
- Reunions and Reflections (New Gear Set) – May 2nd
- Battle of Winterfell (PvE) – May 2nd
- The Mad Queen (Event Recipes) – May 5th
- Battle of King’s Landing (New Trinket) – May 10th
- In the Dragon’s Shadow (PvE) – May 10th
- A Final Plea (PvE Rally) – May 15th
- The Last Targaryen (Event Recipes) – May 23rd
- Heroes of the Great Game (Heroes) – May 1st / May 15th
- The Priest’s Shadow (Research) – May 4th
- The Rise of Dragons (Dragons) – May 8th / May 22nd
- A Maester’s Journey (Expeditions) – May 18th
- Varys’s Riddle (Overall Power) – May 19th
- The Rich Man’s Shadow (Buildings) – May 25th
- Breach At The Wall – May 5th
- Children of the Forest – May 3rd
- War For The Throne – May 12th
- The Climb – May 20th
- Lord of Light – May 26th
- Three-Eyed Raven: Insight (Season 3 & 4 Gear) – May 17th
- Three-Eyed Raven: Intuition (Trinket Crafting) – May 24th
- Feast of Cakes and Pies – May 9th
- Festival of the Mother – May 11th
We’re celebrating the conclusion of the Jon Snow event with two brand new wallpaper styles! Jon Snow has gone through many developments and evolutions throughout the Game of Thrones series and Part III: The Lost Dragon completes the mural of his different looks. Decorate your Mobile and Desktop devices with these awesome wallpapers below!
To save on Mobile, tap and hold the image, and select “Download image”. To save on Desktop, right-click and select “Save image as…”
Did you miss this month’s Discord Stage live? Here’s the full recording!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this preview into the month of May. We thank you for participating in all three months of the Jon Snow event!
If you like this preview or have opinions on how it could be improved, visit us on Discord and post your feedback!